Holiday times are when we have space to think about the future, and for some it will be to seek new opportunities in starting a business.
When we go back to first principles to start a new business we need a business plan, and not just one for the bank. We need to think whether:
- There is room in the marketplace for our business
- We can stand out from the competition.
- We have enough money to spend and to survive on before we get into profit.
- If we borrow money we can pay it back
- We know how to market and have done our research
- We have support from our family and friends
Getting on our bikes is never easy but it can be very fulfilling. It is not wrong to accept help along the way and even to hire someone else’s expertise or their bike of course. Just do it!