It does not matter where it comes from. Stress is bad for you. Whether you do not organise your business so that you do not have to work all hours of the day, or whether you have family problems or people are simply being nasty to you, stress will cause you trouble.
If you are stressed
- You tire more easily
- You probably cannot sleep well without taking pills
- You have difficulty concentrating on business
- You are liable to make bad decisions or you cannot make decisions at all
So how should you deal with your stress?
- Perhaps you should ask a business friend to suggest how you should use your work time in a better way.
- Go out for a walk for up to an hour every day – I do, come rain or shine.
- Get a hobby or a distraction from thinking about work for your spare time – I am photography mad.
- Read a good book.
No, I know it is not easy. I cannot make out that life is that simple. Just the same, useful relaxing distractions combined with a little help from your friends can help relieve your stress and show your path more clearly.
How do you cope with stress?