Something we often forget is that we are all different, even on-line. There are tools that some people think are absolutely wonderful and think bring them success. Maybe they do! But a lot of those things others think are really annoying. I thought I would share some of those things that annoy me.
- Tweeting links to the same blog posts over and over again. My limit is two tweets of my link on one day, and maybe one the following day. Then I might only refer to that link in another post if relevant. Then again I haven’t 40,000 followers so I may be the one who is wrong.
- Pop-ups attempting to get me to sign up to blog posts and newsletters, even on sites where I am already signed up. These pop-ups are intrusive and if I am not already signed up then I won’t be and may not visit the blog again. I don’t mean to offend and they may work. I just don’t like them.
- Selling in blogs. I want to be entertained and learn from someone’s expertise.
- Selling in blog comments. Same as above.
- Sending me sales emails every two minutes.
- Signing me up to newsletters because I was persuaded to part with a business card.
- Someone saying they are my friend on Facebook or LinkedIn when I have never heard of them. You might be my friend if you have made a non-spam comment on my blog of course. You can be my friend if you send me a nice note. But strictly no blagging.
What sort of thing annoys you? Apart, that is, from smug opinionated bloggers like me? 🙂